Our performance cheer coaches’ certification process focuses on safety to ensure our athletes receive the best instruction possible and in order to align with the insurance we provide our members.
The following courses are mandatory for all SCA coaches to be considered certified:
- SCA Dance Coaches Online Certification Exams
- Intro to Cheer Online Exam
- First Aid training (minimum sport first aid)
- Concussion Course (one-time)
- Respect in Sport Online course (one-time)
- 50 hours proof of dance instruction experience (letter of reference)
Failure to provide full certification documentation will result in probation until proof of certification can be provided. If proof cannot be provided and coaching continues, it may result in loss of membership for the coach and/or program.