Return to Activity
Thank you for your patience as we work through the ups and downs of navigating this uncertain, ever-changing situation – The Saskatchewan Cheerleading Association has received approval from the Government of Saskatchewan to return to activity and training in Phase 3 of the government’s plan. There is no obligation for clubs/teams to return to activity. Teams and clubs housed in community facilities/schools can open based on the requirements from facility operators.
Our return to activity plan is supported by Sask Sport, as well as our insurance carriers. The Saskatchewan Cheerleading Association sanctions and approves member clubs/teams to open operations as of June 12th, provided clubs/teams can meet the protocols and requirements of the Government of Saskatchewan and the SCA. Clubs/Team re-opening plans must follow the protocols in the SCA Covid-19 Return to Activity document.
The SCA Covid-19 Plan will be reviewed weekly, the Plan posted here has been approved by our SCA Board of Directors, and all clubs/teams are required to adhere to the mandates with-in the plan. It is the SCA’s recommendation that each club/team adopt and circulate the plan to their members. We hope this communication will help alleviate concerns about safety, cleanliness, distancing, etc. when parents, athletes and coaches are deciding on returning back into activity. First and foremost, our focus is on on participants’ health and safety during this pandemic.
Effective November 27th, 2020, the public health measures that affect our sport are as follows:
- Mandatory, non-medical mask use will be required during all indoor fitness activities, with aquatic activities the only exception.
Sport, Fitness and Dance
- All team/group sports, activities, games, competitions, recitals, practices, etc. are suspended, including amateur and recreational leagues for all age groups. Examples include hockey, curling, racquet sports, cheerleading, dance practices in group setting, etc.
- Athletes and dancers 18 years of age and under may continue practicing, conditioning and skills training in groups of eight or fewer, abiding by the required mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants at all times.
- Individual groups of eight may not share a training/rehearsal surface or space at the same time.
- Coaches /trainers are not included in the training group numbers as long as they are masked and maintain a minimum physical distance of three metres.
- Fitness activities and group fitness classes in groups of eight or fewer continues to be permitted, for all ages. Mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants must be maintained.
For all guardians of participants under 18, completed once prior to returning to activity.
For all participants, completed once prior to returning to activity. Updated August 13, 2020.
For all participants 18 and older, completed once prior to to returning to activity.
Updated September 23, 2020
For all participants, completed each time the participant attends training/class.
- Check the “What’s New” page on the Government’s website daily for any updates and changes to the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan.
- Contact the Government of Saskatchewan Business Response Team for support and clarifications.
- Follow the Saskatchewan Cheerleading Association on Facebook and Instagram for up-to-date information.
- Follow the Government of Saskatchewan on Facebook and check their page daily.
- Visit the Cheer Canada Covid-19 Resources page for National information